Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So THIS is Scotland...

Yes, I feel like I have officially met the true Scotland.  When you think of Scotland or the UK, you probably think of gloomy, rainy, dismal weather.  Well, my friends... that is what we have now.  I've been over here for over 5 months and the weather really hasn't been too bad.  That has now changed.  We finally got our first official thunder storm, which only lasted about five minutes.  You think that you wouldn't miss weather like that... but it's nice to have a proper thunder storm -- complete with thunder AND lightning!  :)

I have been told that February is probably the one of the worst months in Scotland.  Constantly raining... and raining ALL day instead of just the little bursts that we have been getting.  Yesterday it started out with rain, then switched to so much snow it looked like I was in a snowglobe, then to sleet, back to rain, and then sunny skies for the rest of the day.  What is going on?  I can't handle this country's bi-polar weather tendencies.  So needless to say, you need to prepare for anything.  Umbrella... check!  Scarf... check!  Hat (just in case the wind is too strong to hold an umbrella in the rain -- which is pretty much every time)... check! 

I just need to keep thinking that it's going to be Spring soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment