Monday, August 8, 2011

More Highland pics...

Here are some more pictures of my trip out to the Isle of Skye and the Highland Games.  I think that I found the place that I would like to retire.  Hopefully I don't have to wait until I'm in my 60s to do that.  Come on lottery!  Make a retiree at the ripe age of almost-30!!!

 Isle of Skye 

Kyleakin in Skye 

 Kyle of Lochalsh

 Ruins of an old Norse castle

 Pretty little village of Kyleakin

 Isle of Skye Pipe Band

 Look at that kilt fly!
They were wearing underwear... don't worry!

 1 man to throw it... 

 but it takes 3 to carry it!


Eilean Donan Castle

I seriously want to live in this castle.  So pretty!  And actually pretty warm and inviting on the inside, which I can't really say for most castles. 
It's been used in a lot of movies... anyone remember this from Made of Honor? 


No comments:

Post a Comment